Friday, November 04, 2005

Unusual Historical Action Figures Bring a Smile


I know these are technically "action figures" but I must confess that I view them as miniature dolls and frequently add them to my collection. The most unusual action figures I have encountered so far are offered by a whimsical company named Archie McPhee. I first became aware of them when I saw action figures of such historical notables as Benjamin Franklin, Shakespeare, and Mozart down at the University Bookstore. Then I checked out their website and couldn't resist their Alexander the Great, Cleopatra, and Beethoven.

It looks like I'm going to have to dig down and pony up a few more dollars to get their new Jane Austen, Sherlock Holmes, Charles Dickens, and Leonardo DaVinci. I wonder if I am their typical customer? I took their online nerd survey and scored over 85%!

No comments: